Prof. Dr. Hans Rattinger is currently Professor of Comparative Political Behavior at the University of Mannheim, Germany. 1974-1975 he was a postdoctoral fellow at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, 1987-1993 he was a visiting professor at the University of Toronto and at Georgetown University. He has published widely on political attitudes and electoral behavior and public and elite attitudes on foreign and security policy.
- Flynn, G./Rattinger, H. (ed.) 1985: The Public and Atlantic Defense. Totowa, N.J.: Rowman & Allanheld.
- Rattinger, H. 1990: „Domestic and Foreign Policy Issues in the 1988 Presidential Election”, in: European Journal of Political Research 18, 623-643.
- Rattinger, H./Munton, D. (ed.) 1991: Debating National Security: The Public Dimension. Frankfurt: Peter Lang Verlag.
- Rattinger, H./Isernia, P./Juhász, Z. 2002: „Foreign Policy and the Rational Public in Comparative Perspective”, in: Journal of Conflict Resolution 46, 201-224.
- Pötzschke, J./Rattinger, H./Schoen, H. 2011: “Personality, Values and Attitudes toward Foreign and Security Policies”, Conference Paper presented at the 107th Annual Meeting of the American Political Science Association (APSA) in Seattle, September 2011.